Sunday, December 9, 2007

Chocolate Pretzels


I was looking for some yummy snacks to make for a holiday party, and I love chocolate covered pretzels, but hate doing all the work of dipping them in chocolate. Then I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and just tweaked the recipe a little (used rosebuds instead of kisses).

Round/Square pretzels
Chocolate rosebuds
Holiday Smarties

Place pretzels on a cookie sheet ( I covered it with tinfoil to avoid sticking to the pan), onto each pretzels place a chocolate rosebud.

Bake in an oven heated to 275F for 2 minutes (until the rosebuds still hold shape, but are melted). Remove from the oven and press a smartie to into the top of each rosebud.

Cool in fridge for 10-15 minutes until chocolate has solidified.


These are delicious and so easy to make, we love them. They are so cute and festive, and look great put in a bowl for any occasion. I definately plan to make these again, and I hope to try melting a rolo on top instead of a rosebud.

No comments: