Sunday, December 9, 2007

Easy Peanut Brittle


I stumbled across the recipe on allrecipe.com and decided to try it. My husband loves peanut brittle, but I hate making it the oldfashioned way. This was simple to make and tasted great.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 pinch salt (optional)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda

DIRECTIONS
Grease a baking sheet, and set aside. In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Cook in microwave for 6 to 7 minutes on High (700 W); mixture should be bubbly and peanuts browned. Stir in butter and vanilla; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Quickly stir in baking soda, just until mixture is foamy. Pour immediately onto greased baking sheet. Let cool 15 minutes, or until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.


I ended up not cooking long enough, so it was too sticky to break. To solve this, I put it in the freezer for 15 minutes then broke it into pieces.

My H loves it, and I can't wait to put it out at my holiday party.

No comments: