Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chicken Lasagna


Alright, so we were having friends over for supper and I wanted to make something new. I got the idea of making chicken lasagna into my head and it was decided that is what I would make. However, I also knew that I had a bunch of veggies in the fridge I needed to use. After searching for a recipe that is what I was looking for, I was unable to find something that truly appealed to me. So, being stubborn, I decided to make my own recipe rather than switch what I was going to make.

It turned out delicious, although soupy (I would cut out the milk next time I made it to help with that). My friend loved it as well!

Vikki's Veggie filled Chicken Lasagna

3 chicken breasts
1 green pepper
1 small onion
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup broccoli florets
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tbsp corn starch
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1 cup chedder cheese shredded
1/4 cup mozza cheese shredded
lasagna noodles

1. Cook chicken breasts, then shred and set aside.
2. Chop the green pepper, broccoli, spinach and onion (finely) and saute in a pan with a little oil. Add the cream of chicken soup (mixed with milk) and heat. Add the corn starch and set aside.
3. If using regular lasagna noodles, cook in boiling water for 8 - 10 minutes.
4. Layer the ingredients in the following way: noodles, chicken, sauce, cottage cheese, chedder, noodles, chicken, sauce, cottage cheese, mozza, noodles, thin layer of sause, chedder, mozza, parmasean cheese.
5. Bake for 40 minutes at 350F.


I served this with yummy sundried tomato foccia bear bred that I picked up a craft sale earlier in the year. It was delicious and we all loved it. I will have to order some more of these! It was super easy to make - just add beer and bake, my kinda bread baking.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

This sounds so yummy, Vikki! I love chicken lasagna. I would LOVE to try that focaccia bread as well. I love it, but it takes so long to make. I'm going to have to try to find a beer mix for it!!!

Stacie said...

That lasagna looks great! It looks like you didn't even include the milk in the recipe you posted. I think I'm going to have to try this one and it seems healthier than most lasagnas. Thanks!