Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Creamy Dill Salmon (and Chicken)


So, every few weeks, I treat my husband with some fresh fish from the local fish market. Well this week's special was steelhead salmon, so I came home with a pound of salmon and no idea what I was going to do with it. My original thought was to try and find a cedar plank somewhere and BBQ it, but after poking around a little bit, I couldn't resist trying this recipe for creamy dill sauce. Seeing as how I don't eat fish, I used the sauce on a chicken breast and threw it in with the fish to cook.

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup mayonnaise ( for a lower fat version, switch this to low fat yogurt)
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1 salmon fillet
Dill

Method:
1. In a bowl mix together mayo (yogart), mustard, thyme, oregano and basil. Pre heat the oven to 375F.
2. Smooth the sauce over the fish (and the chicken breast). Sprinkle with dill to taste. Bake for 20 to 30 mintues, or until the fish is cooked and flakes easily.
3. Save the extra sauce, it is great to add a little more when the fish is finished cooking.

REVIEWS:
Hubby loved this recipe and it was really easy to make. He actually ate half a pound of fish in one sitting. I loved the sauce on the chicken. I did try the salmon as well and as much as I dislike fish, I actually kind of liked it. Next time I cook this however, I will definately not let Hubby have his way, and I will be using the yogurt.

No comments: