Saturday, May 9, 2009

Strawberry Banana Muffins



So while shopping at costco I picked up some strawberries, well of course there were too many for me to eat and they were getting a little ripe. I decided that I might as well bake with them. I had been craving banana muffins for a while, and had some bananas ready to go, so I decided to try Strawberry Banana Muffins.

Strawberry Banana Muffins

1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas ( appox. 3 large bananas)
¾ cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup of melted butter/margarine
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ to 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries

Add the sugar and the egg (slightly beaten) to the mashed bananas and mix.
Add the melted butter and mix.
Mix the dry ingredients together and mix. Fold in the strawberries.

Fill muffin cups about ¾ of the way full of batter.

Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes (until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean).

Review:
These were delicious brownies and they taste wonderful. They stay soft and moist for quite a while after being done.

Side note: I also use the same banana muffin recipe to make banana chocolate chip muffins by substituting the strawberries for chocolate chips.

No comments: