Saturday, May 9, 2009

Summer Garden Pasta


Alright, so I know I haven't put up anything other than baking for quite some time - I swear I am cooking things other than brownies and cupcakes! Well summer is here, and I was a little anxious for the light summer foods, so I got a bunch veggies when I went to the market and then had decide what to do with them. I found this recipe for Summer Garden Pasta, and decided to modify it my needs.

Summer Garden Pasta al la Vikki

16 ounces bowtie pasta
1 small to medium zucchini sliced
2 small to medium green peppers
1 medium to large red pepper
1/2 medium oinion finely chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tpsp butter
1/2 a tomato chopped
1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt

Cook pasta according to package directions, when al dente drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, peppers, onions and garlic in butter until crisp-tender.
Add both and tomato; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half.
Stir the pasta into vegetable mixture. Cook 1 minutes longer or until heated through. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and salt; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

Reviews:
I thought this was great, it was nice and light with a good sumer feel to it. Owen liked it, but of course thought it could use a little meat or something more. He did enjoy it though, and finished up the leftovers (it made a lot of food, so I actually had leftovers!).

No comments: