Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hanky Panky Cupcakes


Alright, so I am in love with I Heart Cuppycakes - I rarely look anywhere else when i want to make cupcakes anymore. I will often browse through old posts when I am waiting for something to finish at work, and that is how I stumbled upon these delightful little cupcakes.

As a kid one of my favorite cakes at potlucks and 4H lunches was the skor cake, essentially chocolate cake covered in caramel sauce, broken skor bars and topped with whipped cream. Not a dessert you can eat everyday! I hadn't given this dessert much though in the last few years, but when I saw them adapted into Hankie Pankie Cupcakes the cravings began and it was only a matter of time before I had to try it.

I was in a hurry the day I went to make these, and did use a cake mix (added touch devils food mix - made 12 cupcakes), but they were fantastic. A trip back to the good old days - just in a form that is a little more limiting than the giant cake I was used to. I did fill my cups a little too full and ended up with a rather messy end product, as the caramel leaked down the sides of the dome before it could all melt into the cupcake. However they were still delicious and an extra cup quickly remedied the problem of the sticky bottoms.

No comments: