Monday, June 29, 2009

Pasta with Red Pepper Sauce


We eat a lot of pasta in our house – it is delicious, it is cheap and O loves it as a pregame meal. Due to the amount of pasta consumed in our house, I often crave something new to do with my pasta other than tomato sauce or cheese. When watching the food network one day I heard a mention of red pepper sauce, which brought back memories of the delicious red pepper soup my little brother makes (sadly I don’t know how he does it, I really need to find out on of these days) and I decided that sounded like a great idea. However, in my dreams of soup I didn’t notice what show this was on and so had to go looking for a recipe. It just so happens that while browsing some blogs I found the Pioneer Woman’s recipe for Red Pepper Sauce.

I made a few changes, and came up with a delicious sauce.

Ingredients:
2 red peppers
½ medium onion chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
½ cup half and half cream
2 tsp parsley
Parmesan cheese
¾ pound pasta

How to:
1. Roast the peppers until the skin is charred ( I used the BBQ for this), then place in a Ziploc and seal. Let them sit for a few minutes.
2. Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain and swet aside. Do not rinse, as the starch helps the sauce adhere to the pasta.
3. In a sauce pan sauté the onion and garlic until softened.
4. Remove the skins from the peppers (They should peal off), and remove the seeds. Place the peppers in a blender with the onion and garlic. Puree until smooth.
5. Pour into the saucepan and add the cream, heat.
6. Mix with pasta and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

Review:
This was delicious, I really enjoyed having something new for a sauce. I will make this again. O figured it needed a little more pepper and salt, but enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds really yummy!