Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend I went to my parent's house, accompanied by my Friend Iza and about 60lbs of fruit. Iza and I spent a few days making jam and various other fruit products resulting in a cooler full of various forms of frozen fruit and over 40 jars.


Somehow in there we also found time to eat some of what we had made along with some fantastic food on the BBQ, much of it straight from my parent's large garden. There was also some time for play, Iza had fun photographing the dogs and cows.



The final products from the weekend are:
Peach Jam
Apricot Jam
Black Forest Preserves
Peach Salsa
Peach Chiptole BBQ sauce
Frozen Peach Pie Filling
Frozen Apricot Pie Filling
Frozen Cherries
Frozen Blueberries
Frozen Pre-measured shredded Zucchini
Frozen Rhubarb

The rest of the canning from the days before leaving was Cherry Jelly and Blueberry Jelly.

I will be posting recipes and reviews over the next few days as I get time to photograph, type and try all the creations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a LOT! I thought I had a busy weekend!