Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tortellini and Spinach in a Rose sauce


I had tortellini with a rose sauce last winter in a small café, and since then I have been looking for a good recipe. I have finally found one. This came to me as an email recipe from Allrecipes, and I couldn’t wait to try it. I have made a few (okay well maybe more than a few) changes to the original to make it suit my tastes a little more, so here is my recipe:

Ingredients
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
2 tbsp Italiano seasoning (I use a clubhouse mix)
1 tsp garlic salt
Pepper to taste
¾ cup 1% milk
¾ cup cream
2 tbsp flour

Cooked tortellini of your choice

Directions
1. Combine the tomato sauce, seasoning , pepper, spinach and garlic salt in a saucepan and heat.
2. In a separate bowl combine the milk, cream and flour.
3. When the sauce is heated, add the milk and cream mixture to the tomato sauce. Heat for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
4. Top the cooked tortellini with the sauce
5. Sprinkle the a little parmesan cheese and enjoy.

Reviews:
I loved this, and it as close as I have gotten to the dish I had at the cafe. I love this and can't wait to make it again (which will be soon!). O liked it as well and said it was a keeper.

No comments: