Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bulldogs and Cookies


Owen loves hockey - he watches hockey and he plays hockey, on two teams. There is a lot of hockey in our house. One of the teams he plays on is the Bulldogs. This team has somehow gotten it into their heads that they need cookies before the game to win (really I think this is a big excuse to eat cookies). I figured I would get it out of their heads and sent cookies during a losing streak, well they won and have continued to win as I continue to send cookies - this is just a coincidence right?

Well, as I am now sending cookies almost weekly, they have graciously become my guinea pigs for new recipes. This actually works out well, as now I don't have to try and find something to do with a bunch of cookies so I can bake something new, after sending them to hockey I usually only have about a dozen left in the house for the week - perfect.

The reason I am telling all of you this? I am going to start a weekly (or there abouts) update on the cookies I make for the dogs and how they are doing. Should be an interesting season for us all!

I hope you enjoy at least some of the recipes - the guys really are good sports about what I send.

Upcoming Bulldogs update: Chocolate surprise cookies.

No comments: